Frequently Asked Questions
Need a question answered? Read our Frequently Asked Questions below to answer the most common questions we receive.
If you need extra assistance, consider visiting one of the sites below:
|HP Support Center:||https://Support.hp.com/us-en/products|
|Printer Support Videos:||https://www.youtube.com/user/HPPrinterSupport|
|Computer Support Videos:||https://www.youtube.com/howto4u|
What are your customer service hours?
Returns and Warranty Questions
- Staples.com return policy
- BestBuy.com return policy
- Target.com return policy
- Amazon.com return policy
For products purchased directly from DealScoop, from our websites, or Ebay stores, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee on the products we sell. With valid proof of purchase we’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.) For non-defective returns you are responsible for return shipping costs and in some cases a 10% restocking fee.
All items must be sent back in the condition they are received, in original product packaging without damaging the retail box and must include all components and accessories. Serial numbers and condition of item returns will be confirmed by our returns department and if any return is sent back in an unacceptable condition, it will be refused.
To make a warranty claim, fill out the form on the Contact Us page with your purchase information and nature of the problem. Once approved your product will be repaired and/or replacement with the same make and model or one of equivalent or greater value.
Detailed warranty information can be found on our Warranty details page.
Product and Other Questions
We make every effort to ensure your refurbished product performs similar to a new product. Whenever we are unable to provide you with a like-new item we price the product according to condition and available accessories. Below are some common refurbished points.
- Refurbished units may come with different accessories than the original item
- Refurbished laptops usually come with charger and battery, unless otherwise noted
- Refurbished laptops might come with a French-Canadian keyboard and we will note this in the product description
- Refurbished units will always come in a box that identify it as as being refurbished
If products are A-Grade (new in box) or B-Grade (like-new but refurbished), we use stock photos which accurately represent the condition of the product. Products listed as C-Grade have minor scratches to the surface of the item or small scratches on the screen. These products may use a photo we have taken of the same product but not necessarily representing the same location and size of wear as the product you receive. We make every effort to accurately match C-Grade products to the listing photo. All listings with C-Grade images are noted.
- Turn the printer on
- Open the front panel of your HP printer and access the ink cartridges
- Remove all the ink cartridges from their stations
- Wait 2 minutes (this is the hard part)
- Reset the cartridges in their station
- Close the front panel of your inkjet printer
- Turn your HP printer off for one minute and then turn it back on
- You might have repeat one more time if this doesn't work
A System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows the user to revert their computer's state (including system files, installed applications, Windows Registry, and system settings) to that of a previous point in time, which can be used to recover from system malfunctions or other problems. To restore your PC, watch the video below:
To download your printer driver to you computer for you HP Printer follow the steps below.
- Visit https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
- Click on Printers
- Select you printer model number or enter it in the field below. The printer model number can be found on the front of your printer
- Below are the different software downloads
- Driver-Product Installation Software - this full software solution is the same solution as the in-box CD that came with your printer.
- Driver-Universal Fax Driver - for fax machines
- Firmware - program stored inside of a printer, which allows it to receive information from a computer and turn it into a printed image
- Software-ePrint-for mobile printing in Windows
- Utility-Diagnostic Tools - developed to help you get the following free utilities diagnostic tool that helps solve common printer problems
- Order Physical Media-CD/DVD/USB - through this you can order a physical CD that will have the drive software on it.
To print to your HP Printer using Apple AirPrint visit HP Support and follow the directions on screen.
If you are having trouble connecting your Chromebook to the internet, check out the video below:
If you need additional resources, check out the links below:
Sometimes when a unit sits while waiting to be shipped to customers after we have refurbished the unit, Windows automatically creates a password. Rest assured, it is not one we made or that was on there from the previous customer. Please follow the below outlined steps to perform a quick and easy system restore:
- Turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until the "Choose and Option" screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the "Choose an Option" screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Figure: Choose an option with Troubleshoot selected
- Figure: Troubleshoot with Recovery Manager selected
- Figure: Help with System Recovery selected
- Figure: HP Recovery Manager screen
- Figure: Recovery preparation
- Figure: Recovery preparation is complete
- Go to: https://support.hp.com/us-en/products/
- Then locate your printer type
- Once you have done that, you will see a list of various models within that group of HP printers – click on your specific model from those options. Once you do that you arrive at a page that will look similar to the one below. This is where you can select a topic and view troubleshooting tips, or even update/download latest drivers/firmware/etc (these additional options are on the left side in blue).
- In the “Select a Topic” drop down menu you will choose “Jams and Feed Problems”. Please follow the instructions for this process. If that does not fix the issue then please do a hard reset on the printer. Please be aware that this will erase any configurations you may already have on your printer such as wireless connectivity to your network, etc..A lot of times this will clear out any false paper jam issues you may be experiencing. You can find the info on how to do a hard reset by searching in the area shown below by typing in your model number and then the term “hard reset".
- If for some reason this does not produce the desired results, you can download the user guide on this page as well. When you have the user guide opened, press the “CTRL” button on bottom left side of keyboard and while the button is held press the “F” key. These two keys pressed together (CTRL then F) will open a little box in upper right hand side allowing you to search the entire document by a word. Type in the word “reset” which will bring you to the reset instructions for your model printer.
If you have any other questions, please contact us