Frequently Asked Questions
Need a question answered? Read our Frequently Asked Questions below to answer the most common questions we receive.
If you need extra assistance, consider visiting one of the sites below:
|HP Support Center:||https://Support.hp.com/us-en/products|
|Printer Support Videos:||https://www.youtube.com/user/HPPrinterSupport|
|Computer Support Videos:||https://www.youtube.com/howto4u|
- When will my item ship?
- What are your customer service hours?
- Do you ship overseas and to P.O. boxes?
- What are your customer service hours?
- What’s your return policy?
- What is the warranty on your products?
- Do the pictures I see online match the product I am buying?
- What can I expect when I receive a “refurbished” product?
- What does new open unit mean?
- Do you offer express shipping?
- Do you ship in the original HP box?
- My credit card was declined, what can I do?
- Is there a Certificate of Authenticity (COA) sticker with the laptop.
- My printer tells me the ink cartridge is incompatible. What do I do?
- My package has not arrived and might be lost. What should I do?
- How do I get technical support?
- How to restore your computer?
- Downloading HP Printer Drivers.
- HP Printers: Printing with Apple AirPrint(IOS)
- Chromebook: Connecting to the Internet
- Computer is Asking for a Password before Booting
- Connecting an HP Printer to a Mac
- Restore Reset a HP Notebook 15 to Factory Settings
- Paper Jam Error
We ship all items on the next business day, excluding holidays.
Many items we are able to ship overseas except for printers and a few other items. We do not ship to P.O. Boxes, only physical addresses. If you purchased from us through a 3rd party that accepts PO boxes then we will gladly ship there.
Questions sent to us through our Contact Us page are replied to Monday – Friday from 8am – 4pm CST, excluding holidays.
The return policy for products varies by seller. Below are links to common marketplaces you can find Image Microsystems products.
For products purchased directly from Image Microsystems, from our websites, or Ebay stores, we offer a 30 day money back guarantee on the products we sell. With valid proof of purchase we’ll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.) For non-defective returns you are responsible for return shipping costs and in some cases a 10% restocking fee.
Requesting a Product Return
All product returns require a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before being returned. You may obtain an RMA number by contacting Image Microsystem’s Customer Service Department on our Contact Us page. Be sure to include your order ID and reason for return to ensure proper processing.
All items must be sent back in the condition they are received, in original product packaging without damaging the retail box and must include all components and accessories. Serial numbers and condition of item returns will be confirmed by our returns department and if any return is sent back in an unacceptable condition, it will be refused.
Most of our products carry a 90 day limited warranty from the date of product purchase, fulfilled through Image Microsystems. If you purchased your item through a reseller other than Image Microsystems we recommend contacting them first for their individual warranty program.
To make a warranty claim, fill out the form on the Contact Us page with your purchase information and nature of the problem. Once approved your product will be repaired and/or replacement with the same make and model or one of equivalent or greater value.
Detailed warranty information can be found on our Warranty detail page.
If products are A-Grade (new in box) or B-Grade (like-new but refurbished), we use stock photos which accurately represent the condition of the product. Products listed as C-Grade have minor scratches to the surface of the item or small scratches on the screen. These products may use a photo we have taken of the same product but not necessarily representing the same location and size of wear as the product you receive. We make every effort to accurately match C-Grade products to the listing photo. All listings with C-Grade images are noted.
We make every effort to ensure your refurbished product performs similar to a new product. Whenever we are unable to provide you with a like-new item we price the product according to condition and available accessories. Below are some common refurbished points.
- Refurbished units may come with different accessories than the original item
- Refurbished laptops usually come with charger and battery, unless otherwise noted
- Refurbished laptops might come with a French-Canadian keyboard and we will note this in the product description
- Refurbished units will always come in a box that identify it as as being refurbished
New open unit products are ones that have not been used, but the box seal was broken. Any handling was for inspection purposes only and you can be assured the product is like-new…just with a lower price.
In many cases we offer express shipping. In these cases we will list it as an option for an additional price.
No, we do not ship in the original HP box, only in a refurbished box. Some of our boxes are very high quality so it is possible that you might mistake a refurbished unit for a new one!
We have stringent credit card guidelines, however sometimes they're too strict. Either try PayPal or contact our customer service team, telling them what the problem is at email@example.com
No. Most of our laptops are Windows 10 digitally licensed with a downgrade to Windows 7, so it does not have a COA sticker. The machine will be activated as soon as you connect to internet. You can upgrade to Windows 10 for free.
While this may seem strange, your ink and printer both have a permanent date on them that sometimes make them believe they are incompatible. We assure you everything is okay. You just have to take these quick steps to get the problem resolved:
- Turn the printer on
- Open the front panel of your HP printer and access the ink cartridges
- Remove all the ink cartridges from their stations
- Wait 2 minutes (this is the hard part)
- Reseat the cartridges in their station
- Close the front panel of your inkjet printer
- Turn your HP printer off for one minute and then turn it back on
- You might have repeat one more time if this doesn't work
Please Contact Us with the relevant information and we will open a claim with the shipping company.
We recommend you use the support websites provided by our top manufacturers:
A System Restore is a feature in Microsoft Windows that allows the user to revert their computer's state (including system files, installed applications, Windows Registry, and system settings) to that of a previous point in time, which can be used to recover from system malfunctions or other problems.
Restore your PC by Performing a Reset Settings if your computer boots normally. If your computer does not boot normally, see Performing a reset through Windows Recovery Environment.
- Select the Start menu in the bottom left hand corner. Then select Settings
- Select Update and Security
- In the left hand menu select Recovery.
- Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build and Advanced startup. Reset this PC is the best option for starting fresh. Advanced startup lets you boot off a recovery USB drive or disc and "Go to an earlier build" is made for Windows Insiders who want to roll back to a previous version of the OS.
- Select Get started under Reset this PC.
- Select either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be uninstalled.
- Select "Just remove my files" or "Remove files and clean the drive" if you chose to "remove everything" in the prior step. Cleaning the drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving the computer away, the next person will have a hard time recovering your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose "Just remove my files."
- Select Next if Windows warns you that you won't be able to roll back to a prior version of the OS.
- Select Reset when prompted. Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.\
- Select Continue when prompted.
Use one of the following methods to open Windows Recovery Environment:
Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.
Click Start. While holding down the Shift key, click Power, then select Restart. Continue holding down the Shift key as the computer restarts, until the Choose an option screen opens.
On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
Click Reset this PC.
If you want to keep your personal files and customization, click Keep my files, then click Reset. Your computer reinstalls the operating system and your computer restarts. You are done.If you want to remove all files, click Remove everything and continue to the next step.
If you only want to remove everything from the drive where Windows is installed, click Only the drive where Windows is installed. If you want to remove all files from the computer, click All drives.
You can fully clean the drive, so that no files are recoverable, or you can delete your files.
If you want to delete your files, click Just remove my files.
If you want to clean the drive, click Fully clean the drive.
Windows reinstalls the operating system and the computer restarts.
To download your printer driver to you computer for you HP Printer follow the steps below.
- Visit https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers.
- Click on Printers
- Select you printer model number or enter it in the field below. The printer model number can be found on the front of your printer,
- Below are the different software downloads
- Driver-Product Installation Software - this full software solution is the same solution as the in-box CD that came with your printer.
- Driver-Universal Fax Driver - for fax machines
- Firmware - program stored inside of a printer, which allows it to receive information from a computer and turn it into a printed image
- Software-ePrint - or mobile printing in Windows
- Utility-Diagnostic Tools - developed to help you get the following free utilities diagnostic tool that helps solve common printer problems
- Order Physical Media-CD/DVD/USB - through this you can order a physical CD that will have the drive software on it.
To print to your HP Printer using Apple AirPrint visit HP Support and follow the directions on screen.
If you are having trouble connecting your Chromebook to the internet, check out the video below:
If you need additional resources, check out the links below:
- My Chromebook 14 wont connect to my wifi
- Chromebook WiFi Turned off / disabled
- How to troubleshoot your Chromebook's internet connection
My Computer is Asking for a Password before Booting
This happens when the computer sits too long without being booted up. To fix this please follow the steps below.
- Shut down the computer.
- Turn the computer on and at the same time repeatedly hit the F11 key.
- The screen will go to a restore mode.
- Go through restore and then the computer will be ready to go without a password.
How to restore your HP stream device if Windows prompts you for password upon receipt of your new unit:
Sometimes when a unit sits while waiting to be shipped to customers after we have refurbished the unit, Windows automatically creates a password. Rest assured, it is not one we made or that was on there from the previous customer. Please follow the below outlined steps to perform a quick and easy system restore:
- Turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until the Choose and option screen is displayed, and then continue.
- On the Choose an Option screen, click Troubleshoot.
- Figure: Choose an option with Troubleshoot selected
- Figure: Troubleshoot with Recovery Manager selected
- Figure: Help with System Recovery selected
- Figure: HP Recovery Manager screen
- Figure: Recovery preparation
- Figure: Recovery preparation is complete
Having trouble connecting a Mac to a printer for the wireless printing and communication? Check out the link below for help.